Today I hurry off to school,
to work and learn and play.
I'm in a brand new grade this year.
What a happy day!
Back To School by Unknown
After the summer's break it is time for teachers to get ready and start planning activities to do in the English class. Here you'll find some ideas that will make your first days’ task easier.
This is a selection if six sites with extremely useful activities and tips for Elementary and Primary ESL classes.
- Back to School. Teacher resources on Teachervision.com
- LTK's Crafts for Kids Back to School Activities for Children
- Lesson Plan Page. Back to school
- Top 10 Multimedia Units: Plan Your Year. Scholastic
- Creating a classroom community.
- Back to school ideas for teachers
Are you also interested in tips for implementing ICT in your class? Why not asking your students to explain their summer using some 2.0 tools? It will be more attractive and fun. Let your students talk about their holidays: "How I Spent My Summer Vacation", "Where I went", "What I saw"...
Use the following tools:
- Create a comic: “14 Places To Make Comic Books And Strips Online”
- Explain your holidays with a text-to-speech. Voki
- Create a presentation with Photopeach, or Power Point.
- Record your story with Audacity (audio).
- Video record and share with your class.
- Create a collaborative presentation. Padlet, Prezi or Glogster.