Wednesday, February 26, 2014

“Sharing to learn” (Compartir per Aprendre)

“Sharing to learn” is a project started in my school at the beginning of this school year 2013-14.  

This is the link to the general blog of “SHARING TO LEARN”.
Almost every day a group of students from our nearest “high schools” come to our school, and become “Language Assistants“for a while. They share their knowledge, experiences and “good English” with our students of grade 4 and 6.

Two are the main objectives of this project:
  • To push our students to talk in English by interacting with the language assistants, the teacher and the other students.
  • To enjoy and take advantage of the good model language assistants can provide them in terms of vocabulary, pronunciation and expression.

 Enthusiasm, collaboration and fun are guaranteed!

"This experience has taught me that you can make the best out of something quotidian. I have learned ways to teach, to explain myself, to get the kids to listen to me, and I have improved my confidence. But most of all, doing this project has made me feel incredibly happy, because working with kids is really joyful, but being aware that you actually helped them and taught them something, makes me feel very happy". (Paula)

"The project ''Sharing to Learn'' has meant to me a great chance: to provide a service to the community implies to do your best to be useful to others. The satisfaction of seeing that every day you are able to improve your Language Assistant role, added to the adventure that it implies dealing with children, has made of these months of work an unforgettable experience. I totally recommend getting involved in this kind of projects because it really has made me grow as an English student and as a person". (Clara)     

No comments:

Post a Comment