I’ve been using puppets for long with my Young Learners of English and I can tell you that are a “must” in any ESL teacher tool box. And, I have to say that, as a teacher, I’m rather envious about puppets because children prefer to talk and interact to puppets!
Puppets increase Children’ motivation and encourage their creativity and their need to talk. They speak, talk, chat to their puppets, sing, play, dance with them.
“Children may hesitate to talk to an adult. But, they never refrain from talking to a puppet. Because, puppets are warm and close friends of children”.
- Teach children English using drama and puppets,
- Teaching with Puppets: A Video Resource for Teachers,
- Using Puppets for Teaching Languages
- Teaching with Bear: Using puppets in the language classroom with young learners
- Puppets in Teaching English,
Now, let children make their own puppets, let them to give a name and
let them to talk to their puppets!
You won't regret it!