Monday, April 06, 2015

Driving Questions or the Amazing Process Of Divergent Thinking

Some time ago I posted some references about  the imprtance of "Driving Questions" in Project Based Teaching and Learning. In fact, to answer a Driving Question and create high-quality work, students need to do much more than remember information. They need to use higher-order thinking skills and learn to work as a team.   


"I really like Driving Questions. In fact, I like them so much more then Essential Questions. You might ask why? I think it just might be my affection for the revised Bloom’s Taxonomy. You may remember that in the revision the different levels were changed into action. In fact, I strongly believe that learning is a verb and is based on action. Take away the word “Question” and Driving is a verb loaded with action. The word “Essential” standing alone is only a word devoted to describing… a colorful but inactive adjective".

So do I!

Michael Gorman wrote this post in June 2012 in his blog "21st Century Educational Technology and Learning" (that I really recommend you).

If you are interested in PBL do not miss this post because the Driving Question is often the hardest concept to get across to teachers.




joedeegan.blogspot.com.es/2009/11/project-based-learning-in-3-steps.html
I also suggest you another post from Joe Deegan, "Project Based Learning in 3 steps" that can you enlighten the idea of how learners construct their own solutions through the development of projects rather than being told what the solution is through formal instruction. 


If you are much interested in PBL and Driving questions (as much as I am!) you can have a look at my old posts: 

No comments:

Post a Comment